Terms & Conditions
If you have any questions about these terms and conditions, or need to discuss the nature of your event please call Caritas Australia on 1800 024 413 or email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Authority to fundraise
Any person or organisation must, by law, have a Letter of Authority to fundraise. Caritas Australia will issue the Fundraiser with authority upon completion of the event registration. Therefore the event organiser agrees to comply with the principles and values of Caritas Australia and with the appropriate Australian Federal and State Laws for the proposed event.
- The Fundraiser understands that Caritas Australia reserves the right to withdraw or suspend approval of this event/activity at any time should the event or activity be deemed inappropriate, have potential to damage the reputation of Caritas Australia or bring Caritas Australia into disrepute, or be construed as offensive.
- All personal and sensitive information associated with an event or activity is handled in accordance with privacy legislations.
- All funds generated by online fundraising will be directed to general donations. Special requests to direct funds to a particular region, country or emergency will not be possible, unless discussed and confirmed by Caritas Australia in writing. Caritas Australia reserves the right to suspend events if we cannot direct the funds as requested by the Fundraiser.
- Caritas Australia complies with Child Protection Policy. All Fundraisers under the age 16 must obtain permission from their parents or guardian before agreeing to these terms and conditions.
- Fundraising event or activity costs shall at all times be held to a percentage of revenue which is generally acceptable within the fundraising sector and by the public. The traditional percentage split is no more than 60/40 – event overall revenue to event costs.
Our principles and values
The proposed event/activities or any related promotions/communications must not:
- Discriminate against race, gender, religion or political beliefs
- Promote child sponsorship
- Promote tobacco, gambling and pharmaceuticals
- Promote fundraising via the sale of alcohol direct to the public
- Promote/exhibit any nudity, semi nudity or sexual imagery
- Promote violence in any form
- Promote cruelty to animals
- Result in a potential negative impact on the environment
- Involve a high level of personal or public risk (in the actual event)
- Solicit monies by telemarketing, door to door and tin rattling
I have read Caritas Australia’s Policy including its Statement, Principles and Values contained herein. I understand that Caritas Australia’s management reserves the right to withdraw support from an event or activity at any time if it is deemed to have violated anything referred to in this document.